- Deposit of funds for a fixed period of time ranging from 3 months and above
- Minimum balance of Rs 10,000 only
- Interest calculated on daily outstanding balance and credited on quarterly or semi annually basis
- Loan against FD up to 90% of FD value can be availed at any time
- Deposit Guarantee of up to Rs. 300,000/- in line with regulatory requirement of Nepal Rastra Bank
Note: Customer must maintain any Savings or Current Account with HBL to open Fixed Deposit Account
Any individuals or a group of individuals or a company/institution holding a valid ID as per the bank’s requirement can open an account.
Upon submitting the completely filled ‘Account Opening Form’, it may take 15 – 20 minutes depending upon the type of the account.
To open an account, one has to maintain the minimum balance required as per the Account Type. No additional charges besides this will be levied.
Our Customer Services Executives deployed at our branches will help you to open an account.
For prospective customers living abroad, you may contact our Representative Officers for the required support.
No, one has to visit the branch personally to open an account.
However, for company account the authorized agent can open an account on behalf of the company.
Yes, you can transfer your account from one branch to another. No charges will be levied for such transfers.
Yes, you can authorize someone else to operate your account. Such authorized person’s are called ‘Mandatee’. Once the Mandatee is appointed, he/she will be fully authorized to carry out all the debit/credit transactions from the respective account holder’s account. For detailed information about Mandatee and Mandatee appointment procedures, you may speak to our Customer Services Executive at the HBL Branches.
Any customer maintaining bank account with HBL can acquire Internet Banking Service