What Type Of Card Is HBL - UnionPay International Card?
It is an International Pre - Paid Card
How Many Types Of HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card Does HBL Issue?
HBL Issues only one type of HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card i.e. International Pre - Paid Card
In Which Currency Does HBL Issue HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card?
HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card will be issued in US Dollar (USD) currency.
Where Are These HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card Accepted?
HBL - UnionPay International Pre - paid Card are accepted in both POS & ATMs at all UPI brand accepted outlets all over the world except in India & Bhutan.
Who Can Avail HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card?
- Nepalese citizens with passport along with confirmed air ticket for travelling abroad (except India/Bhutan) can avail HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card. Against passport and confirmed air ticket, customer does not need to maintain account with HBL
- Nepalese individual maintaining Foreign Currency Account (USD/EUR/GBP) with HBL can avail HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card
What Is The Validity Of HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card?
HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Cards are valid for 4 years from the date of card issuance
What Are The Products Features Of HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card?
Product features of HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card are:
- Accepted at every UPI merchant outlets and at UPI accepted ATMs over 140 countries
- Safe & convenient mode of carrying cash
- EMV compliant Chip Based secured card
- No need to open an account
- Validity of 4 years
- Most useful to China bound Businesspersons/Students/Travelers
- The loaded amount can be used at any time till card’s expiry
- No risk as in case of draft or wire transfer
- Can be used for Online/Internet transaction
- 24/7 help desk (+ 977 - 1660 - 01 – 12000)
What Are The Required Documents To Avail HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card?
- Completely filled HBL-UPI application form.
- One PP size color photograph.
- Copy of identification document.
- Passport/Confirmed tickets/Visa (In case of Passport against facility)
What Are The Applicable Charges For HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card?
Since this is newly launched card and as a promotional strategy, the Subscription Fee, Card Replacement Fee, Pin Generation Fee and Card Reload Fee is waived until further notice. These fees are waived for limited period only. However, once the offer period is over, the fees and charges will be decided by the management and same will be circulated to all staff members.
Other applicable charges are as follows:
||Applicable charges (per transaction)
||ATM Cash withdrawal fee
||USD 3.00 of 1.5% whichever is higher
||ATM Balance enquiry fee
Any fees and charges other than above will be as per schedule of charges approved by the management
What Is The Maximum Amount One Can Load In To HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card?
As prescribed by Nepal Rastra Bank:
- Up to USD 2,500/- against passport facility
- As per the FCY permit issued by Nepal Rastra Bank
Up To What Amount One Can Withdraw Through HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card?
- In POS Machine: Up to the loaded amount in the Card
- In ATMs: USD 200 per day
How Many Withdrawal Transactions Can Be Carried Out Through HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card?
Per day: 3 times
Per month: 30 times
Can HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card Be Used For Online Payment?
Yes, it can be used for making online payments for shopping, hotel booking, ticket booking etc. To avail online service, one needs to fill “Online Activation” along with the HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card Application Form.
What Are The Procedures Involved In HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card Issuance?
Obtain HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card Applicant Form from the applicant along with the required documents. Customer may place the request at any of the HBL Branches or Customer Services Department, Card Center
After scrutinizing the obtained application forms and the documents, the concerned branch/Customer Services Department, Card Center shall forward the same to Card Issuance Unit, Card Center for Card production on the same day the request is made
As per the request, the Card Issuance Unit prints the card and pin mailer and dispatches the same to the concerned branch. Card and Pin Mailers will be dispatched separately
The customers are informed to collect their card/pin mailer, once the branch receives the card and pin mailer from the Card Center. Once the customer visits the branch to collect the Card, necessary endorsement on the customer’s passport/ticket to be made as per the prevailing regulation of NRB
Collect the requested amount along with applicable fee from the customer and make required entries in T24 system. Send a copy of Prepaid Card Voucher to Card Center via email (scanned version) to load the requested amount in to the card
For Card Activation: Once the customer visits the branch to collect the UPI Card, Customer Services Executive will obtain Card Acknowledgement Form duly signed by the customer and forward a copy to Card Center. Upon receiving acknowledgement from the branch, Card Center will activate the UPI Card.
Can A Customer Availing HBL - UnionPay International Pre - Paid Card Who Is Living In China Or Elsewhere, Directly Deposit Money To His/Her Card?
No, the customer cannot carry out such transactions directly.
However, as an alternative, the customer can carry out the following procedures [this is applicable for customers who are maintaining an FCY Account (USD/EUR/GBP) with HBL]
- The customer can transfer funds to his/her FCY account via Swift or any remittance channel
- The customer can place a request to reload money to UPI card using his/her FCY account. For that, the customer can send a written application (scanned version) duly signed with his/her authorized signature
- Upon verifying the signature and the availability of funds in the account, Branch/Card Center (who receives the customer request) will reload the requested amount to the customer’s UPI Card
Who Does The Customer Contact For Customer Service Support?
The customer will contact any of the HBL Branches or 24/7 support service at Helpdesk, Card Center. Contact details are:
- Corporate Building, Kamaladi,
- Kathmandu Nepal, P.O. Box: 20590
- Tel: +977 – 1 - 4246218, 4246219, 4253740, 4246419 Ext- 147/281
- Authorization Telephones: +977-1-4245979/4245980
- Fax: +977 - 1 - 4245932
Toll Free No: + 977 - 1660 - 01 - 12000 (24/7 Support service @ Help Desk, Card Center)